The art of tattooing has been practiced around the world for many centuries; the first known tattoo is dated between 3370 and 3100 BC, found on the body of Ötzi the Iceman. While in older times they were usually related to traditional and religious believes, they are now becoming increasingly commonplace. The question of ‘why do people get tattoos?’ has been a subject of many psychological case studies, and almost all them conclude that more and more people are considering getting at least one tattoo. Getting a tattoo is an experience in itself; they’re attractive, bold and always start a conversation, People get tattoos for various reasons, just like all tattoos are unique, so are the stories and experiences behind them. But let’s take a look at some of the common reasons –
Here is all you need to know about getting a tattoo on your hand:
- To honor a memory: Tattoos are a great way to honor someone’s memory, or as a tribute to a loved one. Many a time’s people get tattoos as permanent markers of memories, struggles and experiences.
- For Self Expression: Just like people color their hair, dress a specific way and get piercings, tattoos are also a way to express your individuality and stand apart in a crowd. They can help you feel more like yourself!
- For aesthetic and art purpose: Your tattoos don’t always have to mean something! There is nothing wrong with getting one just because you like how it looks. Getting a tattoo by an artist whose work you love means that you get to keep this unique piece of work created just for you, all to yourself, forever. It’s a lot like collecting art if we really think about it.
- As Reminders: When faced with difficulties, we forget what we once believed in. Tattoos can serve as constant reminders of our beliefs and passions. They can help us remain calm and rooted in difficult situations. Many studies have linked tattoos with a lower anxiety rate!
- To cover Scars and Birthmarks: Tattoos are used to cover up skin discolorations, birthmarks and scars. While they’re nothing to be embarrassed about, many people do feel insecure about these imperfections. It is great way to turn something one is insecure about, to something they can proudly show off.
Here at Ink Boy, we give time to understand your reason. Whether you want a personal, meaningful tattoo or just want something that looks nice, we customize designs to your need and taste. We make sure our clients feel comfortable and are confident about their choice. To provide the best possible service, our consultations are free and we’re open 24*7. You’re welcome to our studio anytime, hope we get to see you and ink you soon!